Monday Musings -

19:38

I realised the majority of blog is mainly just photographs which, in great considering I've been studying photography. It's just that I feel I need to add some writing as I do enjoy it. I thought it would be fun to do a post called "Monday Musings" where I would write about anything or everything. So this is the first one.

So I've left uni and I'm looking for a job.

Whilst at university and I looked for a part time job but, I never seemed to have any luck so I knew it wasn't going to be easy. Especially the way the economy is at the moment. I remember before I started my degree everyone was saying things like, "You'll get a job easier if you have a degree," and "Degree's mean everything, employers love it" I can clearly tell you that whilst a degree may be one aspect of it, it's not everything. The majority of jobs I look at say that they want some sort of qualifications but they also want you to have lots of experience within that field. Whilst this is understandable it also make it more difficult. Its that age old thing of if someone won't give you the chance how are you supossed to get the experience. Looking for jobs isn't easy and at times it can really get me down. As I feel that I should be able to get a job. I'm not even getting any of the retail jobs even though I have lots of experience. I know I have to stay strong and be positive. It's just at times thats really hard when no one will give me the opportunity.

I may have a BA Photography degree but, I'm currently looking to do anything really. I'm steering clear of anything photography related at the moment as I need a break from it. I enjoy photography and its makes me feel great but, I've been doing it none stop for three years. I need to explore it and fall in love with it again. It's actually giving me time to think about what I might like to do as job or career. I know I still want to do something creative. I really enjoy doing the blog and would love to do something like that along with social media for a company.

I also never would've thought I'd want to work with children but recently the more I think about it the more I like the idea. I'm not ready to be a teacher but I think I'd like to be a teaching assistant which means I need to do a short course and gain experience through volunteering. I have recently been researching into volunteering projects in my area and I have found a few things. I've applied for them but, I just have to wait and see. Which means I'm a step closer to doing what I want.

My main reason for wanting to do this is because I want to give something back. Its also because throughout my many years of education I've not had the best time. From being bullied by classmates to having teachers that aren't supportive and that are judgemental, leaving you not wanting to go to school. Not all teachers are like that, I've had a few nice ones too. Its just that as a teacher I feel you should encourage kids and try to inspire them otherwise whats the point. I know some people will say its just some kids don't want to learn which I guess is true in some respects but, learning should be fun and inspiring as I believe that will get them interested. I know it probabley sounds like I should be a teacher and I'm sure if I become a teaching assistant then I'll probably progress to that eventually. For now though I'm happy on focusing on becoming a teaching assistant as I feel that is the best choice for me right.

TO ALL OF YOU MAY YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments