Monday Musings - So its Christmas

13:57

So its that time of year again. I have to start thinking about christmas and as much as I've tried to put it off I keep being reminded of it. What with the supermarket's creating their Christmas aisles and Christmas shops and displays starting to appear as if by magic.
 It's not that I don't like christmas it's just that this year I don't have the money to buy any gifts.
I know christmas isn't all about the gifts and that it's about coming together as a family but I like to buy my family gifts. They've done a lot for me and I just want to show how grateful and thankful I am by getting them something they'll love.
Last year Ian and I didn't have that much money either so we bought small gifts and then baked but no one seemed grateful.
I want to now when everything became about expense and when the saying 'it's the thought that counts' got disregarded.
To me if someone's taken the time to carefully consider what to buy/make then that's what matters. I really don't know when that stopped and when people became so greedy and stopped caring about what truly matters.
Which is the people you love.
Ian and I are going to bake again this year, giving everyone a small box of goodies. Hopefully this year they'll be more grateful and understand it's all we can afford.
This is partly why I've been putting off thinking about Christmas. It's just becoming too stressful and it's making Ian and I truly think about what we want to do for Christmas.
My parents are going away so we won't be spending it with them but we are going to have a pre-Christmas dinner them. I don't really feel like spending it with the rest of my family as they can be quite materialistic and I'd like to stay away from that this year. So we're thinking of going with Ian's mum and Step dad from Christmas eve - Boxing day or just two of those days to where they are staying for Christmas but it's all dependent on Ian's work.  Until we know what he's working we don't know what's happening at Christmas.
I know some people might think it's to early to think about these things but more people from our families keep asking what we're doing like it's this massive decision. All I know is I want to spend it with Ian so wherever he is that's where I'll be. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments