Christmas Films

11:40

These are my favourite films to watch at Christmas in no particular order. 

Santa Claus (1985) 
A film I got introduced to by Ian a few years ago. It's truly all about Santa, how he came to be and of course what he means to the kids. Throw in a baddy and Santa saves the day you can't help but like it. 

Love Actually (2003)
Following different characters stories showing christmas is different for everyone.  With a starstudded cast this film has the feel good factor. 

Serendipity (2001)
I guess it's not really considered a Christmas film but I like it. Set at Christmas time.  A chance meeting between a couple whilst Christmas shopping becomes the beginning of their story. Already in relationships they decide to leave to fate to see if they truly are meant for one another. It's definitely worth a watch. 


Elf (2003)
Filled with holiday cheer this film never fails to get me in a christmasy mood. 
With Buddy (Will Ferrell) having grown up believing he was an elf he soon discovers that he isn't an elf.  Heading on an adventure to New York City to find his dad. With the always quirky Zooey Deschanel playing the love interest.  This film is about family, love and the meaning of Christmas. 


The Holiday (2006)
I absolutely love this film. Showing the heartbreak of its characters but how a holiday and Christmas can change everything. Showing that anything is possible. 

Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
I have to admit I only saw this for the first time the other day. The kids in my class got to watch it as a Christmas treat for the end if term. It's fantastic watching it with kids as they still have magic about christmas. I sat there a little in ore and it got me really excited for Christmas. All about believing and having hope this film makes you see the magic in christmas.

You Might Also Like

0 comments