Mini Chocolate Madeleines

18:12


I've been wanting to make Madeleines for ages and last Sunday I finally got a Madeleine Tray. So I thought it was about time I made them.
If like me you are looking for things with low calories then you'll love these. 


Serves 24
34 Calories Per Madeleine

Ingredients

50 g Caster Sugar
1 Egg
50g Plain Flour 
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
50g Butter (Melted)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract


Start by Preheating the Oven to 170c. 
Prep your Madeleine Tray with a bit of butter and a sprinkling of flour.


Start by mixing the butter and egg together until they are pale, thick and double in volume.


 The add the Flour, Baking Powder and Cocoa Powder folding it in.


Now fold in the Vanilla Extract and the melted Butter. When folding be careful that you don't over mix.


Pur the mixture into the moulds until they are nearly full.
Put in the oven for about 10 minutes. Or until they are springy to touch.
Now they are ready to ear.



If you want an extra treat you can melt some chocolate and dip the ends of the Madeleines in.
Let me know what you think.

You Might Also Like

0 comments