Little Update

19:49

Now I've not blogged in a little while. I'm not going to go into details or apologise for my absence as sometimes life happens and that's what's happened. I know it has been a while since my birthday, but I've not yet put up part two of my birthday vlog which will be up this week. 

Away from all that I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to be doing for a career. Yes I still want to work with children and working as a teaching assistant is great I just feel like I want to be more involved. Which has lead me to look at my options a lot more. It has lead me to teaching. The big thing I've had to think about is age as in the age of the children I want to be teaching. Although I'd love to teach primary school my heart lies in teaching art. I've always been interested and involved with creative activities and subjects and it would be great to pass on my passion and knowledge. This is why I've chosen to go into secondary school teaching. 
Now I've made these decisions I can get on with putting them in place. I've nearly finished my application on UCAS but I'm just waiting on my references to come through so I can submit it. Then it will become a bit of a waiting game. 
The more I think about the more excited I feel, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Fingers crossed I will get in and I'll then be on the way to becoming a teacher. 
All this has got me thinking a lot recently about the choices we make. I mean if you'd asked me when I was younger what I wanted to be I can assure you teacher wasn't on the list. When you're younger you just hook onto whatever you love at that age. I have always been an animal lover and when I was younger I used to say I wanted to be a vet to me that meant I got to be with pets all day petting them. This is off course is not want a vet does, which I soon realise and changed my mind. 
I guess I always knew I'd do some creative, but I was never sure what as I love lots of different things. I really enjoyed taking photographs and this lead me to my degree. The degree sort of made me fall out of love with it all. However in saying that it's made me find my love of all things creative. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and although it may seem I've detoured I believe I'm on the path I'm supposed to be on. Which makes it all with while. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments