Dickens Festival Rochester

19:13

A few weeks ago Rochester had the Dickens Festival. So I decided to go down and see it. I've lived in the area for over four years now and I've never been before, so I thought it was about time I went.
They do a park and ride service from the Chatham Dockside, which is what I decided to do. 
I wasn't really sure what to expect as i've never been before. I'd heard bits and pieces, but wasn't sure.


This was the view out over the river. I find the shape of the bridge really interesting. I really like the curves in it.



It's definitely a great family day out, with something for everyone. There were lots of rides for the younger kids.







Most of the attractions and entertainment were in the Castle Garden's, which meant it was a good base. However, there it filled out onto the streets of Rochester too.







There were lots of shows throughout the day with Punch and Judy or performances by children.



The Festival attracted a lot of people who wanted to enjoy the sunshine and have a drink. With lots of  food, sweet and drink stalls.
There was definitely something for everyone to enjoy.



There were also attractions like Donkeys.


Along with all the shows, rides, food and drink stalls there were also stalls with local places featured.


You could even are some of the stalls making what they were selling. 




The streets were filled with people dressed in Dickens attire. It was really strange to see people dressed like this, but it added to the day.



Rochester has a Dickens Festival every summer and they have one every Christmas. I'd defiantly recommend this as a day out. There's great atmosphere about the festival and it's got something for everyone. So go check it out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments