What's Next...

13:26

Yesterday marked the end of my time at the school I've been working at. Although I knew it was coming as I was only contracted until August, it doesn't make it feel any better. I've loved my time there and I've grown fond of the children and saying goodbye made me all too sad.
I got some gifts from the children, which I didn't expect along with something from the school.

However on my last day I had people saying good luck in whatever you do, but others said at least you live at home and don't have to worry. This upset me as I've been working there for sometime and, although I may be young it doesn't mean I live at home. In fact I don't and haven't for many years. So I too like them have responsibilities and bills to pay.
I don't understand why they'd jump to the conclusion I live at home especially when I've mentioned I live with Ian.
This made for a day where I was filled with emotions and not sure what to think.
Not only that, but it began to make me think about what is next for me.
I know that I want to go into teaching and as easy as it may sound to do so I can assure you it's not. I find myself coming across so many obstacles and at times it gets very frustrating and disheartening.  
I know that it's not only me that probably gets this feeling, but sometimes it can feel like it is.
I have been applying for jobs and I've just resubmitted my application for teacher training. Fingers crossed that I get something otherwise I'm stuck.
I try to stay positive but at times it can be hard. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, although it may not feel like it at times. I like to believe that it means something even better is coming. That everything will work out and I'll be where I want to be in the end. Even if it's hard on the way.
 Part of what keeps me going is Ian he is always there supporting me along the way. Telling me not to worry what everybody else says and to follow my dreams. I really couldn't do any of this without him. He gives me such strength and makes me want to keep going. Pushing myself when things get hard.
I find that it's important to have people around you who believe in you and who are there to always support you. That have your back and will remind you it's all worth it.

So here's to being positive and to the future and all the changes and challenges it may bring. Making us all stronger and teaching so much.


You Might Also Like

0 comments