Monday Musings - Weddings

10:00



Weddings can be a stressful time for anyone, but does it really need to be like that? 
For Ian and I we are laid back about it all, for us it's not just about the day. We are excited for the marriage and to spend the rest of our lives together as husband and wife. 
We decided to have a wedding in May, only giving us 5 months to plan everything. Everyone started to freak out and worry when we told them. We have now been told repeatedly we've not got enough time and that we must be crazy.
That's not how we see it at all. We are both on the same page about everything, which has made decision making really straight forward. 
Within the space of three weeks I've ordered my dress, got my shoes, Ian has his suit, we've booked the ceremony and reception along with picking our florist. 
I think we've made a great start. We've started sending out our invites and we can't wait to sort the rest of the wedding out. 

All of this got me thinking about weddings and why people find them so stressful. Yes Ian and I have those relatives you worry about and a few other little worries, but not enough to make us stressed. We're finding the process really fun and we're thinking about  what we want instead of what people might want or prefer.
I think with weddings, worries of money and pleasing or impressing people is what causes stress. Weddings can cost a fortune and it can be hard to keep an eye on things. For Ian and I we know we want to spend as little as possible on our day, whilst still having the day we want. As for impressing or pleasing people it's not our concern. We want the day we want. We aren't about to start changing the theme and feel of our day to suit others, we do however hope everyone has a nice time. 
Everyone is different and I guess it depends on the type of wedding you're having, but I don't think it needs to be a stressful time. In fact it should be the best time of your life. 
So to those of you planning a wedding just focus on the fun and excitement and it'll all work out. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments