Bella Italia

13:41


I've eaten Italian before and visited some of the other Italian chains, but never Bella Italia.
I love the decor. It has a retro and fun feel to it and it's one of the best in terms of decor. 
I love the gelato counter it stood out for me. 

Desserts always seem to be the first thing on my mind at restaurants. I rarely ever have one though, as I fill up on the starter and main. 

Italian food for me brings a sense of family and home. My Nonna was born and lived in Italy for most of her life. She decided to come to the UK to raise her family with her Irish husband. 
It was great getting to know my Nonna, but sadly I never got to enjoy the food. 

She did pass her love of pasta, cheese, coffee and her sweet tooth to me. I hope to eventually get to Italy and experience the culinary wonder. Until then I settle for Italian restaurants of any kind. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.


Ian and I decided to have mini ciabattas with garlic butter.


For the main, I choose Beef and Red Wine Ravioli and Ian had Spaghetti Bolognese. 
At first, I thought it was a quite a small portion but I was pleasantly surprised as it was very filling. It was filled with flavour and wasn't oily or wet as I've experienced in other places. It was yummy and I'll be going back especially as I have a local one now.



Overall it was a really lovely laid back date night which is what Ian and I always want.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Bella Italia is my all time FAVE! The closest one to me is a bit of a drive (30 mins+) but whenever I go, I eat all the food. It's sooooo nice!
    xx | Daisy Walters

    ReplyDelete