Autumn

11:01


Autumn has to be one of, if not my favourite season.

The crisp air with the warmth of the day. The sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet.
Oh, Autumn... how I love you.

The technicolour leaves and the rainy days. A reason to curl up with a blanket and enjoy a film, whilst  the rain falls. If there's not a better reason to adorn socks, boots and raincoats I don't know what is.

The warm hues of your season give me a warmth and a feeling of home. Taking me back to my childhood of long country walks and sitting in front of a wood burner whilst falling asleep. Where wearing wellington boots and throwing leaves in the air with not a care in the world is all you can do.

Autumn you are the best.

You bring me joy and warmth. With yummy meals that the season calls for and the long awaited stew.  The sweet smell of baking and taste of hot chocolate is all I can think of. You bring with you a sense of ease and a time to make  a change. For me, you are the mark in the year to dispell all the bad things. To move forward and do what makes me happy.

You bring Halloween and Fireworks and you bring families together.
You give me a reason to wrap up warm and wear a hat, scarf and gloves. You are the reminder that Christmas is not far and that it will soon be the festive season. You are the last hug of the year. A reminder that the year is drawing to a close.

To me you are perfect.




You Might Also Like

2 comments