Creme Egg Brownie Recipe10:00
One of my favourite go-to recipes. Brownie Cupcakes.
It doesn't take long and boy are they good. As it's Easter I decided to spice them up a little. Sounds more exciting than it is when really all I've done is add some mini Creme Eggs.
Creme Eggs are the staple of Easter. Now I must confess, I am not a massive lover of Creme Eggs. I do eat them but I am more of Caramel Egg and mini eggs kinda gal. That being said, these are to die for.
Tip: Eat them fresh out the oven with some super yummy ice-cream. Equally, you can warm them up in the microwave once they are cool.
230g Milk Chocolate
200g Caster Sugar
115g Plain Flour
30g Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate
Pinch of Baking Powder
1. First things first set the oven to 180c. Follow this by breaking the chocolate up and put in the butter and melt. You can do this one of 2 ways in a saucepan or in the microwave. I do 20-second bursts in the microwave. The butter gets hot enough that you can mix and it should help melt the chocolate.
2. Whilst the chocolate and butter are doing their thing mix egg and caster sugar together.
3. Take the rest of the ingredients mix them in a bowl and add to the sugar and egg mix.
4. Now take the gooey chocolate butter mix and add to the other mix. Now give it all a good mix.
5. Take the mini Creme Eggs and cut them in half. This is easy if they come straight from the fridge.
6. Scoop your mix evenly into the 12 cases and pop the creme eggs on top.
7. Pop in the oven for 25 - 30 mins.
Now serve warm with some super delicious ice-cream. A perfect treat for Easter or anytime you fancy. So go indulge yourself and have a great Easter.