Making Changes

18:50

     


Jacket - Marks & Spencer | Leopard Dress - ASOS | Trainers - Converse Sunglasses - Quay Austrailia


As I've mentioned before I'm not great at putting myself first or taking care of myself. It's not that I don't try. I start of with good intentions but I end up taking a u turn. It doesn't help that most of the people talking about self care and being healthy are mega yoga babes.

I am not one,obviously.

Ian is great at telling me to relax and take some me time. Do I listen, well, no. Ultimately I have to do it for myself. This is something I've been trying to do in small ways. That being said it's not enough. Which is why it's time for some changes.

Beating myself up
I'm always one to beat myself up. Be it for eating bad food feeling like I could push myself more. Just generally not giving myself credit. It's time to stop that or at least not to do it so much. So I'm going to try and give myself a break and just enjoy it.

Switching Off
Something everyone probably needs in this day and age. I don't just mean digitally. We're so busy and so hectic with work and everything else. I think we're all guilty of coming home and thinking about work. I let myself talk about work until about 7pm on weeknights with no talk of it on weekends. This way I can focus more when I'm at home.

Counselling
Recently I've been feeling really overwhelmed, anxious and stressed. I've got a lot of things all going on at once at the moment. I've always been a bit of a worrier but recently I feel it's  becoming a problem. I'm not depressed but there are some things that I feel I need to address. So I thought it's finally time to talk to someone. So I've gone and booked an initial appointment.

Self care is something that's very important to me. I may not be very good at it but I want to try and be better. I'm sure lots of people feel like that. I hope these changes will help me be the best version of myself. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments