Barcelona

20:19


In March,  Ian and I went to Barcelona. A place Ian has wanted to take me for a while. 
We were blessed with beautiful blue skies and sunshine, although it was incredibly windy. 
Like true Brits it didn't stop us from enjoying the sunshine. I even bared my legs. Come on I wasn't going to waste the sunshine, I mean you got to make the most of it. 



Whilst there I fell a little in love with the architecture and the boat lined harbour. The quirky Gothic Quarter streets and the mix of old and new about Barcelona. Whilst I did enjoy it and would go back it's not my favourite place I have visited. There was so much to see and do and I feel like the 48 hours we were there wasn't quite long enough. Maybe that's it. Maybe I didn't see enough.


Most of what we saw was a bit of a flying visit. I say that because we chose the hop on hop off bus. At €70 euros for two of us for two days you can't go wrong. You can hop on and off as many times as you like, so we used it as our travel to the main part. There two different coloured bus routes so gets to lots of places.  As we were only there for a short time we picked our stops carefully.  It'll make planning our next trip easier as we'll know where to go.


Camp Nou was one place we stopped. I loved getting to see how big the stadium is and finding out about it. It also seemed to be a place where everyone else wanted to go. It was very busy but still fun.

As for food I couldn't get enough. Chök which is in my places to eat post was amazing. I loved it that much that it's got me wanting to go back.


There is just so much going on in Barcelona. Everywhere I looked I wanted to take a photo. It's a place that has lots of Instagram photo opportunities. It's just such a beautiful place. What makes it a top place to visit is the mix of city and beach break. If you wanted to you could spend a couple of days being a tourist and then a couple of days relaxing by the sea. It has the perfect mix of the two. 


That's the beauty with Barcelona. I don't think you could ever get bored. There is so much to see and do that you'll always find something new to see the next time you go.



So until next time Barcelona. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really enjoy short city breaks & I've not yet been to Barcelona (or any Spanish city for that matter) it looks like such a lovely place, I'm definitely going to add it to my places to visit list :). So glad you enjoyed your mini break! :)
    Natasha // www.natashaparisblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete