Silken Diagonal Barcelona Review

10:00


The Silken Diagonal hotel was a bit of a dream. I say that because it was even better than I thought it would be. Yes, I booked the hotel but it was more fab than it looked online. Ian's first words when we got to the room was "wow, how did you pull this one off." He had seen the room but hadn't really take it all in. So first impressions were definitely good. The staff were nice, polite and helpful which is always good. What more could you ask for? 


Walking into the hotel got me all excited as the magpie in me couldn't get enough of the walls. The walls were adorned with copper and were all kinds of dreamy. The reception and lobby definitely made an impact on walking in. This super stylish feel doesn't stop there either. The whole hotel felt luxurious and stylish. 


The corridors had blue lights which somehow made it feel really spacious and big. Crazy right? 


Entering my room I was amazed that this was a standard room. It was big, spacious and stylish. I love the huge window and whilst my view wasn't of the sea I still loved it. 


Everything about the room was amazing. I know you may think I am easy to please and I am but this room. It is like nothing I've stayed in before. From the huge bed and feature wall to the luxurious bathroom I just couldn't get enough. It wasn't just that, it was in the small details too. Like the pretty comfy chair in the window were I could sit all day. Just every part of the room and my stay was perfect. 


The only part that was a little disappointing was that I couldn't go in the pool. That's not their fault though as it was closed during the month I went. Being a rooftop pool you can see that it would be a hive of activity during the peak months. It might be a small pool but I can imagine it's just where you deep your feet to cool off in between having cocktails. Sadly I didn't get to experience it but that just gives me an excuse to go back. 


If that wasn't enough for you then the views were stunning. You could see far out and get a feel for where you were. When we first looked on the map before we went we thought we were far out. We weren't though in fact we were a 30 minute walk. We were perfectly positioned from the centre to the beach. So whether we wanted to go sightseeing or just wanted to chill on the beach it was perfect. 


If you're thinking about going to Barcelona and need a hotel then check out Silken Diagonal Barcelona. You won't be disappointed. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments